John N. Kitta
Mr. Kitta graduated from Santa Clara University with a Business Administration degree. Since earning his Juris Doctorate at the same university in 1976 he has been practicing law throughout California and has appeared before countless courts.
He has the academic experience you would expect but he also has the confidence to explain complex laws in straightforward and clear ways. These qualities can only be achieved after years of legal experience.
- University of Santa Clara Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1976
- University of Santa Clara, Bachelor of Science of Commerce, Minor – Political Science, 1973
- Ohlone College, 1970
- Mission San Jose High School, Fremont, California, 1969
- LAW OFFICES OF JOHN N. KITTA, 1980- present
- RHODES, MCKEENAN & BERNARD, 1979 – 1980
- TRANSAMERICA CORPORATION, 1977 – 1979Position: Legal Consultant to Management, Real Estate Issues
- ASSEMBLY LEGAL PERSON ALLISTER McALLISTER, 1975 – 1976Position: Legal Aide for 18th District, State of California
Awards & Achievements
- Served as Pro Tem Judge in local courts.
- Elected President Washington Township Bar Association 1994 serving Southern Alameda County.
- Elected President Antelope Hills Homeowners Association 1991-1994, a non-profit community development in Fremont.
- Elected Trustee for the Alameda County Board of Education, served as President of the Board in 1983 and 1984. Oversaw the Superintendent of Schools budget in excess of $25 million, and additionally local public school budgets totaling hundreds of millions of dollars.
- California Commissioner for the California Crime Resistance Task Force Commission – appointed by the Governor 1981-1984, where we developed and evaluated crime prevention programs such as Neighborhood Watch, “Don’t be a Pigeon” and funded millions of dollars of grants to local police departments.
- Served as Fremont Human Relations Commissioner for six (6) years (President 2 years). Developed, established and implemented City of Fremont=s first program to fund local non-profit agencies, evaluated and made recommendations to City Council for funding, interviewed and hired first Human Service Coordinator for City of Fremont.
- Served on Fremont Block Grant Advisory Commission.
- Past and/or present member Santa Clara County Bar Association, Alameda County Bar Association, Southern Alameda County Bar Association Washington Township Bar Association (Past President), American Trial Lawyers’ Association, California Delegate for Family Law Section, American Bar Association.
- Included in Who’s Who in American Law and Who’s Who in California.
- Recognized for contributions to the Law Professions by The American Biographical Institute.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California, Federal Courts of the United States.
- Served as United Way Bay Area Advisory Committee.
- Served on Fremont Animal Control Committee.
- Elected to Alameda County Democratic Central Committee.
- Appointed to Alameda County Democratic Central Committee.
- Published Article “Wrongful Discharge, Look Before You Leap” and numerous real estate articles, article regarding property utilization of LLC=s and draft summary of California Superior Court Decision regarding Fammily Law for the Family Law Section of the American Trial Lawyer=s Association.
- Taught Seminar Adult School “Estate Planning.”
- Member Board of Realtors Southern Alameda County Bay East Association of Realtors and Santa Cruz County.
- Appointed by the Mayor of Fremont in 2005 to the Redevelopment Agency Relocation Appeals Board.
- Published Article ANew Laws Commencing January 1, 2005 That Will Affect You and Your Clients in the Bay East Association of REALTORS in the February 2005 issue.
- Published numerous other articles.
- Representative for the State of California Family Law Section in the Alameda County Trial Lawyers Association.
- Long standing member of the Consumer Attorneys of California.