Robert G. Waligore
San Jose, California 95126
Lawyer, State Bar Number: 100438
Admitted to Practice 1981
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, CA – Juris Doctorate, 1981
Law Review, Associate Editor
- University of California, Santa Barbara, CA – .Bachelor of Arts, 1973
LAW OFFICES OF ROBERT G. WALIGORE, San Jose, CA – 2003 to present
Emphasis in family law, real property, and commercial litigation.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Commercial partnership dissolution litigation, resulting in partition and sale of real property and accounting. Defense of debt collection action involving issues of real property transactions between the parties.
- Enforcement of family law judgment in bankruptcy court, requiring extensive discovery, motions to compel, and two-day trial with CPA as expert witness.
- Prosecute and defend numerous Domestic Violence Restraining Order actions. Obtain emergency orders and
- attend long cause hearings with third-party witnesses, such as police officers. Represent parents at emergency screenings on child custody and visitation issues.
- Family law trial on deferral of sale of family residence, including experts’ opinions on fair market value and fair market rental value.
WILLOW GLEN LAW OFFICES OF WALIGORE & ISENSEE, San Jose, CA – January 1992 to December 2002
Partner: Emphasis in family law, real property and construction litigation, commercial lease transactions, and plaintiffs personal injury.
Solo Practicioner, San Francisco Bay Area – 1981 to 1991
Previous experience as sole practitioner, co-counsel and law firm associate primarily in plaintiffs personal injury litigation–auto, products liability, toxic tort, and legal malpractice. Co-counsel in toxic tort action against chemical manufacturer. Represented 15 plaintiffs for personal injuries suffered from exposures to over 100 atmospheric releases. After four years of litigation and extensive discovery, settled at pretrial settlement conference for just under $1 million. Further emphasis in real property law, principally construction litigation and commercial leasing.
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Judge ProTem
- Settlement conferences–civil and family courts, 1994 to present Preside at Pretrial Settlement Conferences, Settlement Officer Conferences, and personal property arbitrations.
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Pro Bono Panel — Family law litigator, 1999 to present
- Better Business Bureau, Arbitrator – Automobile lemon law arbitrations, 1997-2002
- Willow Glen Business & Professional Association, San Jose
- President, 2000-2001, Board Member, 1994-1997
- Chairman, Founders’ Day Festival, 1995, 1996, 1997, and 2000
- Chairman, Dancin’ on the Avenue Festival, 2000 Responsibilities included supervising staff and volunteers, preparing $250,000 budget for approval by City of San Jose, and writing grant applications for Association festivals (attendance of 30,000 to 45,000, raising about $100,000 per event).
Proficient in Windows XP, DOS, WordPerfect Office Suite, QuickBooks Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Legal Solutions, Xspouse, and Dissomaster. Update and maintain hardware and software on networked computers. Designed, built, updated and maintained over ten computers and five networks. Working familiarity with Windows Office Suite and Mac OS.
- Waligore and Millard, Validation oj Mechanics’ Lien Waivers: AB 844–The Legislative Reaction to Bentz Plumbing, Cal. Real Prop. J., 29 (Fall, 1984).
- Ninth Circuit Survey, Environmental Law: The National Environmental Protection Act–Ten Years of Court